Hire Texas’ Best Appeals Attorney

With Texas attorney Christopher W. Simpkins on the case, you’ll have a talented and knowledgeable appeals lawyer that will put all of his assets to work for you.

  • Experienced in post-conviction criminal defense – including the filing of direct appeals and Writs of Habeas Corpus.
  • Provides the necessary evidence of legal defect with regard to the initial decision – including a statement of mitigation to reduce initial sentencing.
  • Understands critical legal terminology and procedures necessary to complete the appeals process – time is short and the process is complicated.

The Path to Success

Conviction is not the end of the road. Simpkins can prepare a successful criminal appeal that can result in a new trial, reduced sentence, or complete dismissal of charges.

Time is Short, We Can Help

With some exceptions, a notice of appeal must be filed within 30 days of a court judgment. For criminal appeals, Texas imposes no specific time limit on a judge’s decision in an appeal. With Simpkins on your side, an Accelerated Appeal can be filed requesting expedited treatment.

Superior Knowledge of the Law

If an unsatisfactory final judgment is reached in both your initial court case and appeal, a Writ of Habeas Corpus may be the right course of action in your case to petition the court on constitutional violations regarding your trial.

These can include:

  • The right to confrontation – such as failure to disclose evidence.
  • The right to a fair trial – such as jury misconduct, bias, or perjury.
  • The right to due process – such as coerced or involuntary confessions, or illegal sentencing.

Dedication to Every Matter

This area of law is extremely complex and requires someone who has knowledge of both procedure and applicable law. Simpkins is one of few attorneys with the experience and knowledge to handle writ cases in Texas.

Time is running out. If you don’t act fast, you could be barred from litigating your appeal. Contact the Law Office of Christopher W. Simpkins at (210) 273-4874 to discuss your matter and how we can help.

You generally only get one chance to appeal.